Thursday, June 12, 2008

ninety degrees 'neath the trees where it's shady

my recent trip to LA gave me some new memories, but i was also rife with nostalgia for the days when i lived and bummed around huntington beach,ca in 2000. poking around on the internet the other day, i found a soul mix made by one of the dj's that would play on 'good foot' night at the bar que sera in long beach. some of my best memories of dancing, sweating, and swaying happened on those nights that summer in cali.

another thing that has caught my eye as of late:

lifted from my bros blog, i found it leaving me wanting more. what happens next?! several times i thought about fast forwarding it ---'just hurry up already', but i waited, i was patient. it made me think about the frenetic pace i keep, and the anxiousness i inevitably have (hence the name of this blog) speeding up-- rushing. if i stop and enjoy the here and now, the end is always that much more fulfilling. don't you think?
c'était un rendez-vous


1 comment:

John R said...

Holy crap - that was fantastic!