Sunday, June 22, 2008

bientôt l'hiver sera ici

biking back from the library, trying to immerse myself in the tardiest season of them all i listened to this: http://radiohour.org.
i got to the point where townes starts crooning (from johnny's birthday show) about waitin' round to die, and somehow it was fitting for the long stretch of van buren i was biking. the post rain air outside was indescribable, but i will do my best,
wet oil, mixed slightly with moist sewage, topped off with your standard grass and sweat aromas. the sky was aching blue and some of the rain clouds were serendipitously looming about... waitin' round to rain.

5 comments:

kid extraordinaire said...

Wait, you listen to radio while on your bike? Muy dangeroso.

Anonymous said...

mmm. moist sewage.

Anonymous said...

Andrea! don't use your headphones on yer bike!! That said, I am listening to a Townes tape I just picked up at the thrift store. I am in my treehouse (what I call my porch) and with a glass of wine and it is all real perfect. I wonder who else is listening to him this week? xoxox, Robin

a.l.j. said...

never fear my friendlies! i only wear one 'bud' in my ear, so the other is free to hear honking and 'aye mami' from passerbys.

Anonymous said...

i always wear headphones when i ride.

-bro